What if I need a new set of bins?

Each property is entitled to one set of bins. The bins belong at the property and must remain there if you move house. 

If you have just moved house or have moved into a new build and there are no bins on the property please contact us on 07 838 6699 or info@hcc.govt.nz and our team will look into organising bins for the property. If you can, please talk to the previous property owner first to see if they took the bins on accident. If the property is a rental please contact the property manager or landlord as it is their responsibility to pay for replacements. 

If you suspect that your bins have been stolen or have been damaged please get in touch with us within 48 hours on 07 838 6699 or info@hcc.govt.nz and our team can look into this for you. Please keep in mind that there may be a fee for replacement bins. The wheelie bins and food scraps bin have an embedded radio-frequency identification (RFID) tag so if they're found we may able to return them to their owner.